My Grandpa brought me an article from the Farm Talk last week. He told me that I might enjoy reading this. Well I knew that if my grandpa wanted me to read it then it had to be good. So here is the article.
The Top 10 signs you picked the wrong club pig/lamb/goat sale:
by Mark Parker
10. The auctioneer’s lead-in is: ‘Hey, lookee here—now if you want a lamb nobody’s gonna steal…”
9. The sale poster features the 15th place barrow from a 1978 county fair.
8. Apparently, #47 has a little fainting goat in him ‘cause he hits the deck when the gavel strikes.
7. The University of Arkansas Athletic Dept. is there looking for a new mascot.
6. That one pig may not be a grand championship contender but if he survives he’s a shoo-in for rate-of-gain honors.
5. Your archrival from back home is the one who highly recommended this sale.
4. When you ask one of the consignors about his breeding program he says, ‘breeding what?’
3. The top meat goat prospect has a beard down to his knees.
2. When there are no bids, the owner steps up to the ring and offers free leg splints.
1. The top-seller almost brings market price. £
Each number I would always have a little giggle because it seems so true. It was also funny because I thought my grandpa was giving me something serious to read but instead he was feeling humorous. Got to love my grandpa. I hope you enjoyed this top 10 as much as I did.